David A. Carpenter, JD
|David Carpenter focuses his practice exclusively on estate planning matters, including Medicaid planning and veterans' benefits. Mr. Carpenter's reputation in the legal community has earned him Martindale-Hubbell's "AV" Rating for the last 20+ years, meaning that his peers have ranked him at the highest level of professional excellence and ethical standards. He has authored over two dozen Continuing Legal/Professional Education courses and conducted numerous seminars for attorneys and CPA's regarding estate planning and asset protection topics.
Outside of his legal practice, Mr. Carpenter dedicates much of his time to remaining active in the community. He is as member of the Masonic Fraternity and volunteers in a variety of civic activities. He has twice donated bone marrow to cancer patients. For relaxation, he sings in the Tulsa Chorale and choirs at Boston Avenue Church and is an accomplished self-taught woodworker.
- J.D., University of Oklahoma Law Center, 1977
- B.S., Economics, University of Tulsa
- Post-doctoral studies in advanced estate planning and wealth transfer techniques, Esperti-Peterson Institute (Estate and Wealth Strategies Institute at Michigan State University)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
- National Care Planning Council
- Contributing Author, "Ways and Means: Maximize the Value of Your Retirement Savings," Esperti Peterson Institute, 1998.
- Author, "Chapter 13 - An Overview," published in Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report, Vol. 47 No. 4, Fall 1993
- Author, "Basic Asset Protection Theory," published in Oklahoma Bar Journal, Oct. 14 2003 issue
- Author, "An Overview of the Oklahoma Estate Tax," published in Oklahoma Bar Journal, Oct. 14, 2003 issue
Grant A. Carpenter, JD